Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
The national ESGR website states, "Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is a Department of Defense (DoD) office that develops and promotes supportive work environments for service members in the Reserve Components through outreach, recognition, and educational opportunities that increase awareness of applicable laws and resolves employer conflicts between the service members and their employers."
The goals of the organization are:
Gain and maintain support from employers for National Guard and Reserve service
- Educate customers and stakeholders
- Advocate within DOD for National Guard and Reserve employers
- Continually refine the ESGR organization for relevancy, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Enhance consistent general population brand awareness and visibility of ESGR nationwide
- Enhance awareness and value of the Employment Initiative Program to both the employers and members of the Guard and Reserve
For a presentation about ESGR to employers or service clubs please contact Margaret Ogram by email at email@example.com
If you'd like more information about the ESGR in our area, you can contact the Area 1 Chairman is Bryan Bledsoe by email HERE, or visit the natiional website http://www.esgr.mil/.